Friday, March 5, 2010

1 week to go to Motatapu 42km off road marathon

Well 1 week to go
Training has been going well and i am on my last hard week which has been as follows
mon run barefoot off road 12km
tues run five fingers 10km off road
wed run hills barefoot 8km
thurs run bare foot 6km rough terrian
friday 10km barefoot run road flat
Sat 26km hills off road five fingers
Sun rest

My feet have held up well the biggest issue i have been faced with is stopping them from splitting. Other than the spliting issue my bare foot running has gone from strengeth to strength i will post a break down of my thoughts after running bare for the last 18 odd months.

3 comments:

  1. You doing Motatapu BareFoot? What is the thinking behind that? I have read a fair bit recently about barefoot running / walking - but they talk the likes of Nike Frees / Newtons etc (and of course on road) . Be very interested in your thoughts re off road facebook.com/walknz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thats a good question hahahha

    It about challenging the mind, living life outsides one comfort zone. Iwill post on face book as well. I have found that the nike frees are good as a starting point to make the transition from shoes to bare feet. Once you are there i find that five fingers are the best shoe to use for running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You doing Motatapu BareFoot? What is the thinking behind that? I have read a fair bit recently about barefoot running / walking - but they talk the likes of Nike Frees / Newtons etc (and of course on road) . Be very interested in your thoughts re off road facebook.com/walknz

    That’s a bloody good question hahahaha I completed coast to coast bare foot last year and adamant that I would never run bare foot again. As any endurance racer knows never say never. I went back out running after the race in shoes and hated it, I felt like I was running with gumboots on. So lost the shoes and felt much better I then started to wonder what is the human body capable of. I had also started to notice that my running was improving in leaps and bounds. That along with the fact I love to challenge myself and push my boundary’s I started to look for a new challenge to do and decided on Motatapu.
    As for running shoes nike frees are great for when you are starting out and making the transition from running in shoes to bare feet but thats it. I highly recomend and use five fingers, i mix my training up with running bare foot and running in five fingers.

    ReplyDelete