Monday, May 3, 2010

Finding the right balance

This weeks training is about finding the right balance , let me explain. My focus for the Christchurch marathon is not to just complete it but to finish the race in a set time that i have as a goal. So in training i have been working on increasing speed when running barefoot on the road which has been working well. In doing this i have found that my feet are going through a different stage of conditioning than i have experienced before. The balance i am trying to achieve is giving my feet enough conditioning to achieve my goal without pushing it to far until my feet are ready (If you can follow that). So this week i am going to mix my training up and use my five fingers more, by doing this i will allow my feet a bit of time to recover after every speed session.

This week training diary

Monday 14km 80% flat run road barefoot completed
Tuesday 10km 70% hills/flat run barefoot completed
Wednesday Rest
Thursday 10km flat run barefoot completed
Friday rest completed
Saturday 18km flat run Barefoot completed
Sunday 6km flat run barefoot completed

No comments:

Post a Comment